Saturday, January 8, 2011

Saturdays are Heaven!

New Friends
Ahhh...Saturdays~I love 'em!  Today I didn't even begin to stir until 8:30 a.m.  Bliss!  By 10:00 a.m., and only after two very large cups of coffee in bed, I actually left the confines of my warm covers and meandered into the living room for breakfast.  Breakfast that I didn't have to cook.  More bliss...I am truly spoiled!

Matt and I snuggled on the couch for over an hour, doing bills, blogging, tweeting, and reading.  He is reading Decision Points, by George W. Bush, and I am still reading Midwives, by Chris Bohjalian.  Anyway, it was about 12:30 when we had a glass of Champagne (people drink that for breakfast, right?), and then decided to take a long walk.  What a rough day so far :-)

We take our dogs, Jake and Artemis, on our walks.  They love it and there is something about seeing them so happy that flows over and brings us joy too.  The air was cool, but not uncomfortable, as we made our way down our country road.  We paused to say hello to some horses, stopping every now and again to snap a photo (Matt and I are both participating in the 365 Project). 
My Love & Walking Buddy

Jake & Artemis

I savor these walks.  Not only is it good exercise, but it's so good for the soul.  Matt and I have at least an hour of uninterrupted time to talk, or just be silent.  We often hold hands. We so enjoy this time together. 

Matt captures Arty exploring
As we reach our 1/2 way point (today we walked 6 miles), the air begins to bite a little more, and we can feel the approaching storm creeping closer.  It's amazing how precious the small things in life become.  Maybe this appreciation comes with age, or experience, or after heartache.  I don't know.  I do know that each day brings with it something to be thankful for.  Something to cherish.  Something to share.  I hope these things for you as well.

Divine!
People do drink Champagne at 12:30...right?  (Korbel Moscato Frizzante, 2010)

~Cab Lover

3 comments:

  1. Even though I was there - it makes me smile. AND - 12:30 is MORE than appropriate to start with Champagne (especially that delicious one!).

    Thanks for the comments...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are simply amazing photos. You and Matt have a gift - or maybe a second career in the works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill, thanks for the compliments! We really enjoy photography and it makes it so much better that we can do this as a couple!

    ReplyDelete