Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Blessings

Precious Moments
The halls were filled with shrieks and giggles today as the kids returned from their two week break.  Most often, for me at least, these first days back from a much needed hiatus are met with a weary attitude.  At least we had yesterday without the little ones...you know, to gently awaken from our break induced comas and consume enough coffee to see us through the rest of the week.  I have to confess that I was almost late this morning because I HAD to stop by Starbucks for a Venti Bold Pick of the Day...with room.

I find it odd though, that every year I'm glad to see the kids. It's impossible not to smile and get excited when their bright little faces light up when they see me...they too, are eager to dive back into learning.  What a blessing!  In just a few short minutes, I am fully awake and gently sliding back into the groove.

Don't get me wrong.  It would be a bold faced lie to say that I don't enjoy EVERY LAST MINUTE of break, and I wouldn't be upset if it happened to be longer.  But I do know this; I am fortunate to have a career that challenges me everyday, brings me joy, forces me to take risks, provides opportunities to celebrate even the tiniest victories, and, allows me to work with such precious children and amazing coworkers.

I am blessed!

And to celebrate (Robert Mondavi Cabernet, 2007)



~Cab Lover

Mi Locura Amigas!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice - the photos sure make a difference! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete