Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Shovel please...and some wool socks!

Snow day!  Well, sort of...it's really a cold day.  School was canceled due to extreme cold and a wind chill factor of -40!  BRRRRR...thank you National Weather Service!  In spite of the lack snow, I find myself needing a shovel.  You see, I have managed to bury myself in technology.  I'm enjoying myself under here, but I may need to come up for air soon! 

If you come here often, or even now-and-again, you may remember that my body was recently taken over by an alien (or aliens)!  I am a different person than I was just a few short months ago.  And I like this new me.  But...I'm a bit overwhelmed with my new self.  The biggest change for me has been this new interest (my husband might call it an obsession) with all things technology.  Let me give you some examples.  I now blog, tweet, chat, Ning and post...constantly!  I have my own blog, I'm trying my hand at TweetDeck, I recently 'attended' my first online conference (Educon), and built a website (albeit very basic) for a new photography business my husband and I just started.  Whew!  I can tell you that a PLN is a 'personal learning network' and yes, I have one (or do I belong to one?  I don't know...).  I can watch a streaming conference presentation and Tweet my thoughts at the same time (well, okay, I can't really, but I did TRY)!  And...I am totally infatuated with Google Docs!

I am having so much fun!  It has become difficult, I confess, to budget my time and remember to do things, like eat and go to work, but that's okay, because this is what lifelong learning looks like.  Right?

The best part of this new self is that I have made new 'friends'.  Okay, followers.  Still, I have my own people now.  People I can go to, out there in cyber space.  People I can learn from and collaborate with.  People who can help me become a better teacher.  A better blogger.  A better Tweeter.  A better web designer.  A better 'me'.

So bear with me as I navigate my way through this technology maze.  Be patient as I try new things and make a mess of it (Twitter has not been easy for me).  Celebrate with me when I get excited (usually over little things...like the blog button that I FINALLY got to work)!

Oh, and never mind the shovel.  I think I'm okay for now.  Just check back with me soon to make sure I have air.

It's morning (way before noon), so I'm sipping coffee (Boyers~Rocky Mountain Thunder est. 1965).

~Cab Lover

3 comments:

  1. Very nice. And EXACTLY how to spend a "snow (cold)" day. Now excuse me while I go outside and use the real shovel...

    :-)

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic, Marci! I, too, am spending this day at home exploring new technology for my presentations/learning... I'm loving www.textthemob.com right now--check it out! Keep the passion--you're an inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marci,
    This is the first time I have really taken the time to look at your blog! Awesome! I didn't know you are into building websites and technology-things. My husband has a website www.rallyimprezive.com (about building a racecar) and I am sure he would be happy to answer any questions if you ever get stuck. :) Keep blogging Cab Lover!

    Yours truly,
    ~Bivino (loving red & white)
    aka Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete