Sunday, February 6, 2011

From anger comes inspiration...

Ok, so Friday I was a bit miffed. Well, incredibly miffed! In fact, I was so upset I stewed for the entire evening and into Saturday morning.  Not sure what I'm talking about?  Then you must read Friday's post.  The good news...from my anger came inspiration!

Matt and I had a photo shoot in Pueblo on Saturday so we had plenty of time to talk during the commute.  Truth be told, I talked (griped, really) for the first hour or so, and then let him speak.  Matt is a great problem solver.  He is innovative in his solutions, and, for the most part, objective.  Unfortunately, my objectivity flew out the window when the maniacal mother tried to force her baby to cross over a lane of traffic!  But, I'm over it...sort of!

During our 2 1/2 hour drive, we (mostly Matt) came up with some pretty creative solutions to our parking lot/Kiss-n-Go lane safety issues.  Most of my solutions involved non-PC behavior and had to be abandoned.  Matt, however, is more level headed and politically savvy. 

I can't really let the cat out of the bag yet, as I have to speak with our principal, but I think we may be onto something.  The great thing about Renaissance~we have some AWESOME, INCREDIBLE, MARVELOUS parents.  Parents who are passionate about their children, but more importantly in this particular instance, passionate about ALL children.  They want them to be safe...even if they are running late to work (or coffee, or to the gym)!

So, if you want to be part of the solution (Renaissance parents), or have some suggestions about how your school approaches parking lot or drop off lane safety, leave a comment or email me (teachmania68@gmail.com).  We need your support!

In the mean time, look both ways before crossing (and bring your crossing guard some coffee)!

Speaking of coffee...(Boyers, Rocky Mountain Thunder with caramel syrup (sugar free of course)!

~Cab (and coffee) Lover

1 comment:

  1. You are kind. The passion (you have) is more important than the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete