Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Seize the Day!

I'm a mood drinker, I admit it.  I know what you are thinking...why would she admit that to millions of people (ok, maybe 12 people)?  Well, the first step to recovery admitting that you have a problem.

So...here it goes.  I'm a mood drinker.  I absolutely MUST have the coffee mug that matches my MOOD or it just doesn't work for me (Starbucks is the only exception...as I am always in the mood for their stark white cup with the oh-so-cute green logo)!  This morning, after coming in from arctic temperatures (I had crosswalk duty), I looked in the cabinet to carefully select my mug for the day.  At first, things did not look good, and I prepared to take my frozen bones to my office~sans coffee.  However, I decided to persevere (it is one of our character traits, after all) and reached to the very back of the cupboard.  Ah ha!  I found it.  THE mug.  The only mug I could possible sip from today.  The beautiful phrase, one of my favorite in fact, printed on a porcelain white cup...Carpe Diem...Seize the Day! 

If you happen to read my blog on a regular basis (thank you), and read it yesterday, you know I had a rough spot in my day.  Well, I was still sulking a bit and needed something that said, "snap out of it, Marci.  Pull up your bootstraps and get on with it!"  And then, to my delight, Carpe Diem! 

So I did~ I seized the day. All of it.  I enjoyed the kids.  I enjoyed my friends.  I enjoyed myself.  And, needless to say, I enjoyed my coffee!

Words can be powerful...

(Again, no wine tonight...but I will make up for it soon.  Maybe some Dutcher Crossing) !

~Cab Lover

No comments:

Post a Comment