Monday, December 13, 2010

Late Night Musings...

Got home late tonight...had class.  The last one until January~YAY!  We all met at the Rio in Highlands Ranch...talking shop and having some drinks.  A great way to end the semester.  We started talking about our families...kids, husbands, years of marriage, etc.  I was struck by how little we actually knew one another, even though we meet for three hours every Monday night.  This made me think about others that I cross paths with everyday.  We are so hurried, engaged, absorbed by our jobs, our chores, and other 'important' stuff.  What is it that really matters to us.  I'm sure it is different for each of us...but I wonder if we know.  I mean really know what it is that we care most about.  You have heard, I'm sure, that if you really want to know what is important to you, take a look at your calendar.  Where are you spending your time?  Who are you spending it with? 


As the holiday season is upon us, challenge yourself to take a few moments to reflect on what matters.  Really matters.  What fills your calendar?  Reach out to someone.  Take time to really get to know someone.  Relish the small, seemingly insignificant things...

You won't be sorry! (No wine tonight...but the margaritas were fabulous)

~Cab Lover

No comments:

Post a Comment