Sunday, January 21, 2018

Resurrection



Forgive me readers, as it has been 2,318 days since my last...

(post). 

Overlooking Sloans Lake (rehab center)
As you can imagine, much has transpired in that time, both in my personal life, and in my teaching life. Personally, I have experienced great loss and physical challenge beyond my wildest imagination. I lost my dear mother, my best childhood friend, and my first grandchild within months of each other. I suffered a stroke, forcing me to push myself harder than I ever thought possible.

My teaching life has changed dramatically as well. I have changed districts, schools, and many grade levels since I've been 'here' with you all. But here I am! 
My other 'babies'
My beautiful Mama and I









res·ur·rec·tion
   (rĕz′ə-rĕk′shən)
 n.
 1.a. The act of restoring a dead person, for example, to life.
    b. The condition of having been restored to life.

    Citation: https://www.thefreedictionary.com/resurrection

The condition of having been restored to life...

Omari- 14 days

I can say with certainty that these last few years have been trying, both personally and professionally. I can also say that with struggle and challenge, come strength, courage and, yes, even resurrection

So many good things have transpired in those 2,318 days. I have two new beautiful grand babies, a new home (an 'empty nest), a new 'glamper', a new school family, a not-so-new (but very awesome) husband, wonderful children, and to be very cliche, a new lease on life! I am back with renewed insight, understanding, and passion!

Aniyah
My hope going forward with this 'resurrected' blog is to continue to share (the good, the bad, and the ugly, 'cause we all know it can get ugly), learn, inspire, collaborate, and sometimes, commiserate.  

Matt and I in Cabo
If you have blessed me by being a reader in the past, I hope you continue to find this blog relevant. If you are new, hang out for a bit and check out past posts (a reader favorite is The Barometric Beast). I hope that you enjoy reading and find something here that speaks to you.

The 'Glamper'
Oh, and if you read the blog description, you'll have to wait a bit for the wine notes, as I am embarking on the Whole 30, and tragically (and I mean that with my entire being), wine is not Whole 30 compliant. 

4 comments: