Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Short and sweet...

I went to get one of my new RR students yesterday.  This is only the 2nd time we have worked together.  When we left the classroom and headed down the hall I said, "Happy Valentine's Day!"  She got a shocked look on her face and replied, "Oh, no!  I forgot you were my teacher!  I got my other two teachers a Valentine, but I forgot you!"  :-)

"It's okay," I replied through my empathetic grin.  And I thought to myself, if only the adults in our lives thought of others first, what a different world this would be.  I LOVE working with kids!  I LOVE the perspective they bring to each new day.  And I LOVE that they LOVE me!

Have a great night!  And Happy (belated) Valentine's Day! (Tequila Reserva, 1800 Anejo)

~Cab Lover

No comments:

Post a Comment