Saturday, February 24, 2018

Balance


So, the other night, Matt was getting ready to pour me a glass of wine, and as he tipped the bottle I said, "Now, don't go overboard!" He began to pour and it became obvious that whomever (I'm positive it wasn't me) had the last glass clearly only left enough in the bottle so as not to feel guilty, because there were just a few drops left. I quickly added, "well don't go 'underboard' either!"

As I was trying to fall asleep that night, I began to think more about that wine. I really wanted a glass, but I also didn't want too much. This is sort of how I feel about my teaching life right now...

I began to reflect about the learning and teaching I have done over the past few weeks. I attended an amazing conference (CCIRA 2018), began to read some newly purchased 'teacher' books, signed up for a Blended Learning technology class, and joined the Innovation Team at school.  I'm excited, invigorated, energized...and exhausted all at the same time. How do I (we) find that sweet spot...balance?

I don't know the answer. I'm still searching. I'm sure most teachers are, probably most everyone is.

In the meantime, I'm going to go ahead and fill up that glass.

~Cab Lover (sipping a glass of So This Happened 2012 Red Wine Blend ~ California)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment